Your Ad Here

Friday, August 22, 2014

Infinite - Back


"I say save me"

Okay, so this isn't exactly "new," and I already mentioned it in a post I did about another Infinite song a few weeks ago, but I've got more to say. I really think when all the dust is settled this year, Back is going to find a very high spot on my Top Singles list. I simply can't get enough. Part of that is due to the awesomely styled music video, but it's the song and production that really seals the deal. When it comes to structure, Back is a strange little--almost orchestral--pop song. While most radio tracks follow a pretty strict verse/chorus format, here's what we've got going on with Back: Verse A, Bridge A, Chorus, Breakdown, Verse B, Bridge A, Bridge B, Chorus. In other words, barely anything repeats and the melody manages to grow and change so many times that it's impossible to get bored. The track also has what might be my favorite musical moment of the year. At the 2:03 point (2:23 in the music video), a secondary beat kicks in and the drama and bombast doubles. Taken in tandem with the dancing in the video gives me chills. Fabulous stuff.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home