Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Lisa Scinta - 1992


"Just kids in the dark out under the stars"

I was actually sent this track by the song’s producer/co-writer. Now, I get a lot of music sent to me daily and unfortunately 99.9% of it just doesn't fit with my blog and/or my personal taste. But, I could tell by the accompanying email that this was going to be something worth sharing. The artist is Lisa Scinta, and this is taken from her new EP of the same name. The song itself is a bombastic, expertly produced slice of nostalgic pop. It kind of reminds me of something that could've been on Carly Rae Jepsen's last album -- bubbly and poppy without the feeling of any corporate maneuvering behind the scenes. In other words, it feels like the work of an artist who truly loves and understands pop music, and it's the strength of the song that pushes this over the edge. It has a timeless quality about it, and the production choices are right up my alley, particularly the added Michael Jackson-esque guitar towards the end!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home