Your Ad Here

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Red Velvet - Be Natural (ft. Taeyong)


Despite being a child of the 80's, when it comes down to it I'm really a music lover of the 90's. It seems strange now, since music is such a huge part of my life, but I was really a late bloomer when it came to discovering pop music. My discovery just happened to coincide with the soul/hip-hop/r&b boom of the mid to late 90's. I wouldn't consider it my favorite genre now, but these types of songs are certainly a pillar to my music appreciation. Because of this, I love that the smooth 90's sound is coming back. This new single by Korean girl group Red Velvet is actually a cover of of a track by 90's Korean girl group S.E.S. The production is pure I Get Lonely-era Janet Jackson, and the vocals and flow are sooooo smooth and funky. Even better, the track is paired with a hypnotic video that captures the whole essence of the era beautifully. I love this.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home