Your Ad Here

Friday, January 23, 2015

GFriend - Glass Bead


I am so far down the K-Pop rabbit hole that I now openly love groups with such tweeny names as Girl's Day, Boyfriend, and GFriend. Yeah, I guess I've turned into a thirteen year old girl, but I'm okay with that because, like I've always said, I don't believe in the "guilty" before "pleasures." Korean music definitely has its cutesy side. It's not my favorite part of the genre, but from time to time it can deliver a fantastic sugar rush. GFriend are a brand new girl group, and this is their debut single. I can't quite pinpoint why, but I'm kind of obsessed with it. Most of that is probably due to the catchy-as-hell hook, but I can't discount the effect that the cheesy music video has had on me either. It's got some golden moments, starting with the awkward, unflattering close-ups at the beginning. Then we've got the perfectly synchronized high kick at the end that I live for. It's just silly fun, honestly.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the mini album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home