Your Ad Here

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hurts - Some Kind Of Heaven


I feel like I've had an interesting relationship with the music of Hurts. I knew of them back when they were Daggers... an electro-pop band that recorded some of the best unreleased material of the past decade. Then they went all serious and brooding when they became Hurts, abandoning most of the big pop moments that I'd fallen in love with in the first place in favor of something more subdued. And now that they've kind of gone back to the poppiness with this new single, I'm seeing that some fans of the "Hurts sound" are not happy. However, I'm finally back on board. I guess they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. But regardless of which incarnation of the band you're a fan of, I just don't see how you can't be won over by Some Kind Of Heaven. It's straightforward radio pop, but with grand production and a rapturous hook. A part of me hopes that they've rediscovered their roots and recorded an entire album in this style.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home