Your Ad Here

Friday, May 08, 2015

Romeo - Lovesick


I worship at the alter of Sweetune. They are just an unstoppable force of pop songwriting. No matter who they're working with, I know I'm going to love the song even before hearing it. So, I was very happy to discover that one of their tracks would be kicking off the career of new band Romeo. Before I go any further, I will note that this is definitely not A-grade Sweetune, but that's to be expected for such a newbie boyband. They really save their best stuff for Infinite (and, let's be honest, Infinite does more than a little to elevate every track they perform). The music video is also a bit cringeworthy, which is why I'm not posting it. But even with all those flaws, that consistently awesome, propulsive Sweetune sound is intact and I love it. It's been awhile since we've heard this light, poppy sound from a Korean boyband. It's a trend I really hope remains through the summer. I'm getting just a little tired of all the swaggy hip-hop.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home