Your Ad Here

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Muse - Mercy


I haven't really been following Muse lately. I knew they had a new album coming, but I'm more of a casual fan. And looking at it casually, they seem to be the type of band that basically just releases the same album over and over again. Now, most artists are like this (including most of my favorites), so I'm certainly not judging. It's just that their style of pomp rock isn't always to my taste. I tend to enjoy their poppier side, especially when they go for a real anthemic melody. I haven't listened to the new album yet, but Mercy has me curious. I'm in love with that opening piano hook and the propulsive beat that builds as the track goes along. I'm sure it won't please fans of their harder material, but to me melody is always key. This is Muse at their most Queen-esque, from the Freddie Mercury belted notes to the multi-layered vocals in the chorus.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home