Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

KAT-TUN - Come Here


I'm kind of on a mission. Not that there isn't enough awesome K-Pop to keep me going forever, but I'm also trying to dip a toe into the gigantic and sometimes very weird pool that is J-Pop. I don't think I'll ever be a massive fan for a number of reasons, including aural aesthetics that just don't completely align with my personal taste, but I want to get familiar. In my brief studies, I ran into a group called KAT-TUN that sounds a bit more on the K-Pop side. In particular, I've been giving a lot of love to their most recent full-length album. The title track reminded me of a Shinee single the first time I heard it. Then I went on wikipedia and, lo and behold, it's because it shares some writers that have worked on Shinee material in the past. Even so, Come Here is a dynamite slice of hyper active power pop. More than anything, it's a great bridge that will hopefully give me some confidence to continue exploring. I'm wondering, are any of my readers J-Pop fans? If so, what would you recommend? I'm dreaming of finding something that sounds like Infinite, but I'm doubtful that it exists.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wacky world of J-Pop =) You could easily get pulled in a million different directions.

I happened to find your blog because I'm a pretty big KAT-TUN fan. Actually I find it interesting that you like Come Here; most fans prefer the mini album kusabi released in 2013.

I'm super biased but I totally recommend digging more into KAT-TUN. Not sure how far in you've gone, but they have a HUGE backcatalogue. In particular, I'd suggest trying to find a copy of one of their concerts. Their Come Here concerts were well done. I'd also recommend finding their 2013-14 countdown concert because a large part of it was a "super history medley" spanning pre-debut years to the present. Warning: contains glitter, sparkles, sequins, and general cheesiness.

Also check out their monthly show "Shounen Club Premium" there's usually a 10-15 min performance of either recent songs, themed medleys, collabs, or re-arrangements of old songs. I'm pretty those performances are easily found on youtube.

Have I overwhelmed you yet??

Also definitely check out Exile and Sandaime J Soul Brothers. 3JSB's R.Y.U.S.E.I. is pretty cool.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home