Your Ad Here

Monday, September 14, 2015

CNBLUE - Cinderella


CNBLUE is a k-pop group I've always wanted to like. I know that they're huge and have a bunch of hits, but I think I always had it in my mind that their brand of rock music was more aligned with the soft, whiny American style that I actively try to avoid. That might be true in regards to their older stuff (I honestly don't know), but for this new album the band have gone in a self-professed "disco rock" direction. That shift in style instantly caught my attention, and I decided to give the new single Cinderella a spin. I'm glad I did, because it's a wickedly catchy piece of radio rock. That hook is indelible, but I also love the fractured rhythm guitar and touches of synth throughout. From what I've heard of the full album, it seems to follow suit. It's all very cool, and borrows more from dance-infused euro-rock than anything else. This may just be my entry point to finally gaining interest in this band!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Hey Nick, I feel the same way about CNBLUE! Always wanted to like them (tried really hard to like "Can't Stop" when it released as a single) but their music never did anything for me. This track though... I dig it! Thanks for sharing!

-Kristen

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home