Your Ad Here

Friday, September 04, 2015

FTIsland - Puppy


There really aren't many popular idol rock bands in Korea. In fact, I can only think of two who have had major success, and they're both under the same label. FTIsland is one, and they're a group I've checked in with here and there. I love lead singer Hongki's voice, but not all of their output has been geared to my taste. Puppy, however, is amazing. It's funny and upbeat and super addictive, and the simple music video reminds me of the late 90's. There's an element of funk in the melody and production, which is very welcome after the band's heavier material earlier this year. It's certainly different from most of their material. I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they'd release a full album in this vein.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home